Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Premier 2019 User Permissions (Read 581 times)
agnesjacob

I Love YaBB 2.6.11!

Premier 2019 User Permissions
May 12th, 2019 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Hi all,

I've been using Enterprise for years. Our cost for this year was supposed to go up to over $3,600/mo, a 114% increase. Luckily, we'd never done the most recent update, which would have converted it to SAS - meaning if we didn't pay our annual fee, we'd lose access to our company info.

So I purchased Premier 2019, and am setting up the company, but have run into an issue. With Enterprise, I'd used simple user "roles" for my staff - assigning AP and AR roles. These roles worked just fine, without any major fine-tuning. They had enough access to do their jobs without seeing my overall company financials. With Premier, the permissions aren't even grouped the same. Support was no help - even Enterprise support (which is usually stellar!) was shocked at how non-intuitive and vague the permissions in Premier are, and couldn't find any detailed info for me. He actually sent me a link to a 3rd party site that had better info than Intuit.

In Premier, you have to go thru 10 screens, assigning somewhat vague permissions.

Does anyone have any idea how I might simply replicate the roles I used in Enterprise? If not, I'll be relegated to doing the best I can, then logging in as that user and poking around interminably to see what they have access to.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Reference:

https://forums.quickbooksusers.com/forumdisplay.ph...

conversion rates from linkedin

IP Logged

Akshay_m

I Love YaBB 2.6.11!

Re: Premier 2019 User Permissions
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
I know the steps to Edit a user role in QuickBooks Enterprise

Go to the Company menu, then select Users > Set Up Users and Roles.
Go to the Role List tab, then highlight the role you want to modify. Select Edit.Note: Some roles cannot be edited such as Admin and External Accountant.
Change the name and the description if necessary.
Under Areas and Activities, select or expand the Area you want to edit, then select a specific Activity.
Assign an Area Access Level as needed.
Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all Areas and Activities you want to change.
When you're done, select OK. Any users who have the modified role assigned to them will see the changes the next time they log in to the company file.

Note: Changing access for one user's role affects all other users assigned to the same role.

Regards,
Akshay

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint