Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) O-opacity [2.3] (Read 17935 times)
LWS

seek and ye shall find...i
must be BLIND!!

O-opacity [2.3]
Oct 16th, 2008 at 10:05am
Print Post  
O-opacity is a very versatile template. it uses .png images to give it a transparency. If you have been to any MySpace pages..then you will have already seen a ton of those layouts done like this.
it allows for any background to be used of any shade! Altho I set it up for a darker theme..with just a few edits of the style sheet..you can easily use a light..even white background!

*IMPORTANT* older browsers like IE6 do not support png24.. this template will not look so well on them.. if you use this template  and you have members using older browsers.. you may want to encourage them to join us in the modern age and upgrade! lol
here are a few examples of this template with different backgrounds.

I did not add any special backgrounds..I thought it would be better if you found one you really liked to replace the default one i made.
template comes with a cfg file..so once uploaded correctly..it will be auto installed and ready for your use Smiley
Enjoy!!
Driven

UPDATE: Improved instructions for adding background (thanks for the suggestions CJ). And cleaned up logon icon a little.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2008 at 6:01pm by LWS »  

O_opacity.zip ( 473 KB | Downloads )

LoneWebSurfer.com Nothing but YaBB templates
IP Logged

Captain John

Pass to Port !

Re: O-opacity [2.3]
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
WOW ... Awesome Template idea.  Do you have instructions of where to add background image ?  The edits needed ?  Great work Driven

Love to live and love on the water

IP Logged

magnum

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
I just finished up doing the exact same concept for my Message Board with an upgrade to 2.3 - www.thepensforum.com . I also just did one on a 2.2.3 board I have but it's not the default template. I wanted to toy with different transparent colors.

IP Logged

LWS

must be BLIND!!

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
@ Captain John
Instruction included in a read me file in the zip  to make it easy to change the background... and farther instructions for which area to edit for lighter color schemes Smiley

@magnum
looks great magnun! just out of curiousity.. what did you set your transparency at? i went around 50 and 60 but still a bit hard to see the alternating colors on darker schemes. I debated on putting this one up for release..but then figured  why not. it will allow for fast and easy changes of page looks without alot of work Wink

IP Logged

Derek Bullock

I love Camp Oven Cooking

Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 3:03am
Print Post  
Wow that is good.

I have a great background image onmysite a well as my website.

How would I go about setting the transparency on my forum to match the website. The website is a system setting that I cannot change.

http://www.aussiecampovenforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

http://www.aussiecampovencook.com/

Thanks

Derek

IP Logged

ProgMaster

Reply #5 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
What a great looking template for YaBB 2.3 !! 8)

I'm in the process of upgrading to 2.3 and am looking for a 'black themed' template to use. How usable is this template without having a background image ?

Thanks !

IP Logged

LWS

must be BLIND!!

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 12:14am
Print Post  
@DerekB
the template uses transparent images(.PNG) so new images would need to be made to match the green on your main site. I will try to do so for you when i get some free time..may be a week or so.. its actually a good idea..making a few different colors for the job.

@ProgMaster

it will work just fine..especially with a dark color (no background image) however.. if black..you may not see the alternating colors as the transparency is set on a dark color (note the white example) Also worth noting  is I did not include the images in the examples cause i dont know who made them.. I only included one i made with the template name on it. but any color..and any image you find can be used.

IP Logged

Lucky_Luke

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Hi. I'm getting this error message when trying to change templates in my User CP (after having changed it in the Admin). It's actually strange because you can see the new template if you enter as a guest but as soon as you try to change it in the user CP it sends that error message.
Do you know what it might be?

Software error:
Can't continue after import errors at Modules/Upload/CGI.pm line 27
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Modules/Upload/CGI.pm line 27.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (or webmaster), giving this error message and the time and date of the error. Content-type: text/html

Software error:
[Sun Oct 19 17:31:46 2008] YaBB.pl: Can't continue after import errors at Modules/Upload/CGI.pm line 27
[Sun Oct 19 17:31:46 2008] YaBB.pl: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Modules/Upload/CGI.pm line 27.
Compilation failed in require at ./Sources/Subs.pl line 746.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (or webmaster), giving this error message and the time and date of the error. Content-type: text/html

Software error:
[Sun Oct 19 17:31:46 2008] YaBB.pl: [Sun Oct 19 17:31:46 2008] YaBB.pl: Can't continue after import errors at Modules/Upload/CGI.pm line 27
[Sun Oct 19 17:31:46 2008] YaBB.pl: [Sun Oct 19 17:31:46 2008] YaBB.pl: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Modules/Upload/CGI.pm line 27.
[Sun Oct 19 17:31:46 2008] YaBB.pl: Compilation failed in require at ./Sources/Subs.pl line 746.
Compilation failed in require at /services/webpages/l/i/liguetotal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl line 58.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (or webmaster), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Thanks!

IP Logged

ProgMaster

Reply #8 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply, Driven.

Not sure what you mean about the 'alternating colours'. Also, when you say 'images' are you refering to the background images in the examples ?

Anyway, I'll give the template a test run and see how I get on.

Thanks again !! 8)

IP Logged

LWS

must be BLIND!!

Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
@ Lucky_Luke
thats not a error with the template.. some servers (godaddy and a few others) seem to have a configuration thats causes an error 500 IF you have enabled user avatar upload.. thus when you try to save your profile you get that error ..you may notice also if you enable file attachments.. you will get it when you try to post. A user over at YaBB forum actually figured out how to solve this today!! here is a link to that post with the fix.
http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1224392655/0#0

@ProgMaster
Yep exactly.. i ment the background images in the examples.
and bt alternating colors.. ..you may notice when your reading posts.. each post has a slightly different color..that is the alternating color i was refereing too.

IP Logged

Outumuro
God Member

Publisher - YaBB Toolbar

Reply #10 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Wow... excellent template Driven! Smiley

News item - O-opacity [2.3] Released.

IP Logged

Derek Bullock

I love Camp Oven Cooking

Reply #11 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 10:35am
Print Post  
LWS wrote on Oct 19th, 2008 at 12:14am:
@DerekB
the template uses transparent images(.PNG) so new images would need to be made to match the green on your main site. I will try to do so for you when i get some free time..may be a week or so.. its actually a good idea..making a few different colors for the job.

Thank you for that.

Derek

IP Logged

ProgMaster

Reply #12 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
LWS wrote on Oct 19th, 2008 at 11:30pm:
@ProgMaster
Yep exactly.. i ment the background images in the examples.
and bt alternating colors.. ..you may notice when your reading posts.. each post has a slightly different color..that is the alternating color i was refereing too.

Many thanks for the explanation, driven. I shall give it a go ... 8)

Incidentally, I stumbled across this article regarding PNG 24. Interesting stuff and mentions / addresses the issue with IE 6.

http://dontcom.com/2006/11/png-24-round-up/

IP Logged

teknotrav

WHACHA!

Reply #13 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
Nice template Driven!  Installed flawlessly!

Hope to see more!
Travis

IP Logged

gman

The Mod Mangler <HeLp_mE>

Reply #14 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
What an awesome template this is.

I installed it and just changed out 3 of the pics and its great!

thank you very much  8)

Unfortunately, prior to my birth, Missouri had not outlawed inbreeding.
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint