Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Orion Template [2.2.2] (Read 7775 times)
Unilat

Orion Template [2.2.2]
Jul 2nd, 2008 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Hey guys,

This is the updated Orion template for 2.2.2. A few changes had to be made to the .mod file due to 2.2.2 code optimizations. The problematic files were mainly Post.pl and MyCenter.pl. I have uploaded MyCenter.pl to my own site (as it is the file with the most changes) and it works properly after installing the .mod. It installs with 0 errors so it should work properly. Please inform me if it does not.

This one should have all images un-hardcoded from the .template files. I figure more people have 2.2.2 than 2.2.1 (due to it only being 0.0.1 difference, it is easier to upgrade), so I will not be updating the 2.2.1 template unless there is a major need.

If you install this template, please post that you have here with a link to the site. I would like to give it a look over just in case.

Feedback and suggestions are appreciated, additional information can be found in the 2.2.1 topic.

Enjoy  Wink
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2008 at 1:43am by Unilat »  

OrionTemplate_2_2_2.zip ( 43 KB | Downloads )
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Re: Orion Template [2.2.2]
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Installed fine.

I do have the following Mods installed:

ChatIRC
Countdown Event
Show/Hide Info Center

So obviously the bottom rounded corners won't show up on a couple of the tables in the board index. So, if people do have Mods installed they will have to tamper with it a little bit.

Also, in Safari the rounded corners are not showing on the menu table, the main template and a lot of the bottom rows. Your website also doesn't show up right in Safari. It's absolutely fine in Camino and FireFox though. I haven't got any image editing software on my Mac at the minute so I'm afraid I can't take a screen shot.

I'll PM you a link to my test board now, if you want a scout about.

Nice job!

IP Logged

Unilat

Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Alright, Ill take a look at it. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with safari. Do you know of any restrictions or how it handles background images in CSS?

Thanks though for the report  Wink

EDIT:

From what I can see, everything works find except for a few small things. The mods you have installed didnt hinder the installation process, but it did throw off some of the tables it looks like. The rounded corners for the bottom of the container are off. I had this same problem in the process of making it when I forgot an </table> or </div> tag. That, Im positive has to do with the installed mods, and wouldnt take a lot of fixing (most likely none in the actual code).

However, in the UserCP, when the Messages tab is clicked, the box containing message info doesn't have its left and right black borders. Ill have to take a look at that. I believe that is due to me overwriting the style="" tag in the <td> when I was updating the mod to work with 2.2.2.

Ill fix it and reupload when I can.

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Unilat wrote on Jul 2nd, 2008 at 9:55pm:
Alright, Ill take a look at it. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with safari. Do you know of any restrictions or how it handles background images in CSS?

I've been having a mess about, but I'm afraid I'm clueless at the minute. I checked it in Safari on my PC and it behaves the same. You can download Safari for the PC here if you want to check it:
http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

IP Logged

Unilat

Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Alright, Ill test that out when I'm done fixing these little bugs. I caught a hardcoded image in LogInOut.pl, fixed a few titlebg to titlebg3 mishaps (from converting mod from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2).

Right now Im working on why your UserCP (everything works fine, just template issues) is having trouble with the border around the Messages section when it is visible. The border is missing and the section isnt divided in half, with Mailbox info (ie. name of box and amount of messages in it) on the left, and the textboxes (ie. Search Messages, Mark Messages read, and "Add Store Folder", which isnt enabled on your board) on the right. You can register on my board at http://www.calvars.com/yabb2_test/YaBB.pl if you want to see what I mean.

Its the same file (I uploaded the modded one to my own site) and yet they are behaving differently.

Once I figure it out Ill let you know the new upload is ready.

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Unilat

Reply #5 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Found it!

Im positive that I have fixed those issues. The problem was, when store folder adding is enabled, only then was the </table> tag and whatnot printed in order to divide the Messages section in half. Now there is an if statement that adds this in the case that store folder adding is not enabled.

This was also probably causing the borders issue, since there were missing end tags.

So this version should be clean I hope. Get back to me on any problems.

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #6 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
Right, I'll go and have a quick look at that now. The only thing I can think of is that it's one of the Mods. I had also changed the template and css before I installed your template, but I should have over written everything.
I'll do a fresh install and try it again.

As for the Safari thing, I think I've sorted it...

Adding the width to various lines like this, sorts the nav/menu:

Code
Select All
<td class="TopSmall" height="8" width="780"></td>

<td class="CatBottom" height="8" width="780"></td> 

IP Logged

Unilat

Reply #7 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
I see. Thats very interesting. Considering those <td> tags are nested within tables that are width="100%" that shouldnt be an issue.

Ahh well, thats the trouble with having so many different browsers that all do the same thing!

I also found an issue with one of my removals. It was being replaced with a single space to remove a section of code. This means that it wouldn't be able to be uninstalled. So instead it is now overwritten with <!--Top Button Went Here--> so that it can be properly uninstalled. (There may be other search statements in the .mod file that could lead to multiple finds in the file, and make it difficult to uninstall as well... I guess we'll find out about that when it comes)

Hopefully no one will want to uninstall it  8)

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #8 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Ah, just a bit of fine tuning, that's all.

Oh, I joined your forum with the name Magnu in case you were wondering. And, the UserCP looks the same to me... maybe I'm missing something.

IP Logged

Unilat

Reply #9 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
The search box for searching PMs (When selected on "Messages") should appear to the right of the inbox, outbox, and storage info.

On mine it does? Well at least for me it does. On yours it appears beneath the inbox, outbox, and storage info.

Thats what I fixed with the last update.  Wink

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #10 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Ah, right yes. I know what you mean now.

I'll go and do a fresh install and get back to you...

IP Logged

Unilat

Reply #11 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Sounds good. If you have any issues or requests just ask.

I just realized that I left out the notifications page through the MyCenter. Ill fix it some other time if it really needs to be. Right now I'm concerned more about the larger pages and bugs.

My Notifications page loads incredibly slow? Yet, its the latest 2.2.2 update. I wonder why...

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #12 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 12:28am
Print Post  
The Notifications page didn't seem that slow to me...

I'll PM you the link to the fresh install now if you want to check it out... I couldn't see the search box in the Messages section for some reason, but that might just be me... I'm also having the same problem as this person on fresh install http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1215004374 - I'll post over on the YaBB forum now...

IP Logged

Unilat

Reply #13 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 12:33am
Print Post  
Yea, it only seems to be my forum. I posted about it not too long ago. I hope you get the fresh install working. Once you do, get back to me.

Ill have a look at the search box.

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #14 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 12:41am
Print Post  
I've PM'd you a link...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint