Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Orion Template [2.2.1] (Read 3589 times)
Unilat

Orion Template [2.2.1]
Jul 1st, 2008 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Hey all,

Hopefully you guys have seen my template at http://www.calvars.com/yabb2_test/YaBB.pl and now it can be yours!

This is Orion, a mysterious name to match a mysterious template  Wink

I have been working on this template for about a week and I believe I have covered all the main pages of the site that needed beautification.

The .zip contains the .mod file, the images that you need to upload, the readme, and the .css file. (I did not include the .css in the MOD because it is basically a complete makeover).

VectorTop.gif is also not included (thats my logo!) so if you install, you will have to edit the url in the default.html template through the admin center. Also, there is a link in there that belonged to my old logo, you can delete that as well.

Once you've uploaded it and make those minor changes you should be good (resizing might be necessary too for your new logo).

This is the first .mod file that I have made, but it modifies correctly and I have used a compare tool to make sure all the updated files match my own.

This is based on the .css file from 2.2.1 and template files from 2.2.1, So hopefully it should work with 2.2.2. Please inform me if it does not. It may interfere with other mods as well, I do not have any others installed on my own to check.

Please leave the reference to me designing the template at the bottom with the copyright.

Also, try editing the images to get your own unique look (change color/hue), and see what you can come up with.

Any fixes can be requested and I'll get right on it. I would really appreciate requests for future templates and possible changes to make this one look better. Thanks  Grin

EDIT: Sorry for the attachment being missing. When I first hit preview, apparently it got deleted? Now its back up  Cheesy

And correction, default.html unfortunately still has hardcoded images as well as at least one in BoardIndex.template. These will definitely be fixed in the next version.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2008 at 1:39pm by Unilat »  

OrionTemplate.zip ( 40 KB | Downloads )
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

ThM
God Member

Re: Orion Template [2.2.1+]
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 6:15am
Print Post  
Hi Unilat .....

wow...... 120 Steps .... nice template, hard and great work .....  Thumbs Upsup:

Unilat wrote on Jul 1st, 2008 at 9:51pm:
So hopefully it should work with 2.2.2. Please inform me if it does not.

Report:

...... i've tested it with a fresh (without mods) 2.2.2 board and boardmod says 30 errors, also tested with a fresh yabb 2.2.1 board and 0 Errors ......

Greeting ThM

IP Logged

Unilat

Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Alright, well at least it works with 2.2.1.

Im going to download a 2.2.2 clean version and see if I cant get it working on that as well. (I didnt know there were enough changes to cause 30 errors!).

Im assuming most of the errors were in the template files?

By the way. If anyone gets this template up and running, please post a link so I can check it out and prove to myself that I did it right  Wink

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

ThM
God Member

Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Unilat wrote on Jul 2nd, 2008 at 1:00pm:
Im assuming most of the errors were in the template files?

Most of the errors are in MyCenter.pl

Greeting ThM

IP Logged

Unilat

Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Alright, that makes it a bit easier for a mod rewrite then. The MyCenter took the heaviest hit as part of the Tempate because it is a complete makeover in terms of layout. Everything got moved around, and the menus were downgraded from tables to horizontal lists (look better). It actually reduced filesize until I added the top and bottom bits  Cheesy

Ill take a look at it. There wasnt a huge change in the MyCenter from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 was there? I don't remember about any templating changes.

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Outumuro
God Member

Publisher - YaBB Toolbar

Re: Orion Template [2.2.1]
Reply #5 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Awesome start Unilat!

News item - Unilat Releases Orion Theme.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint