Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Lovin' It (Linux BoardMod) (Read 1557 times)
Curtiss Grymala
God Member

YaBB?... Y Not?

Lovin' It (Linux BoardMod)
Jun 21st, 2005 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
I finally got around to testing out the Linux build of BoardMod.  It works like a charm.  It's awesome to be able to run BoardMod on my test board, right here on my Linux box, and then be able to see the changes immediately in my browser (without having to copy or upload any files, etc.).  The Linux build works just as beautifully (if not better) than the Windows build.

Nice work guys.  Now, if only we could get YaME working in Linux, I would be in heaven.  I tried using it under WINE, and it, at first, appeared as though it was going to work.  However, when I actually opened a mod, I realized that none of the text displayed in any of the text fields.   Sad

Thanks for all the great work you guys are doing.

Currently using Y2.3 With no mods (though that will hopefully change, soon).

Click Here To See A List Of All The Mods I've Written
IP Logged

Administrator
Forum Administrator

Yummm

Re: Lovin' It (Linux BoardMod)
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2005 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Yeah linux is a great thing. The only problem with the linux version right now is that the CTRL click for the mod list doesn't work. I guess the bug was introduced with the move to Kylix3/Delphi7.

The YaME problem is known. It's because the editor is very old and has been written with an old delphi version that's not crossplatform compatible. It will be ported to linux in one of the next boardmod releases.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint