Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Change logout code (Read 1693 times)
AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Change logout code
Apr 15th, 2005 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Whilst I was playing with a beta mod from Quenn_Feril I discovered a piece of code that had been causing my users some problems in the YaBB Subs.pl.

I run a board where guests are only allowed to view one category, but the rest of the board is quite large.  If you hit the logout button while you are looking at a post or are within a category, the acion logout uses the $cgi routine.  This means that the url in the browser address bar, after you have logged out, still has the name of the board you were in when you logged out in the address.  If that board is one that guests have no access to, and you try to login again you get an error as you have no ights to perform the login action on that board.  

This is of course easily fixed.

In Subs.pl

<search>
"$cgi;action=logout"
</search>

<replace>
"$scripturl?action=logout"
</replace>

This means that the user logs out and is taken to the home page so that when they try to log back in it will succeed as guests are allowed to login from the home page.

Just a suggestion.  Gus

YaBB 2.1 - YAMMS - Extended Profiles - Quick Reply Box - EventCal Y2 - CPR beta - YaBB 2 Backup Beta - GreetPlus beta Version - RUL Y2 - Skype_VOIP
YaBB 2.2.1 - Extended Profiles - Quick Reply Box - EventCal - RUL - Advanced mail Notify - Back to Top - Users Today
IP Logged

Administrator
Forum Administrator

Yummm

Re: Change logout code
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2005 at 9:30am
Print Post  
You might want to post this bugreport at the SP1.4 Development board. That way the devs will notice it more easily.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Re: Change logout code
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2005 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Thanks Michael.  I have done that, as I think it is better to logout to the home page anyway.

Gus

YaBB 2.1 - YAMMS - Extended Profiles - Quick Reply Box - EventCal Y2 - CPR beta - YaBB 2 Backup Beta - GreetPlus beta Version - RUL Y2 - Skype_VOIP
YaBB 2.2.1 - Extended Profiles - Quick Reply Box - EventCal - RUL - Advanced mail Notify - Back to Top - Users Today
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint