Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sutor.Org Forum blended into an existing site (Read 1004 times)
DrRichrd

Moving from 1.4 to 2.1
- can it be done?

Sutor.Org Forum blended into an existing site
Feb 21st, 2005 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
I've been working on Sutor.Org since last November. It's a site where I hoping to foster a communications link with the extended family. The Forum seemed a natural for this.

It's pretty much out of the box but I did make the following changes: I set the width of the forum to match the width of all the other displays in the site. I changed the text on the home button to Forum Home so that the user would not be confused by having two home buttons (the nav bar for the main site also displays on the forum page) I added a lot of text in the greeting table to get the user started.

Here's the url
http://www.sutor.org/pages/ContactUs.htm

This url takes you into a page on the Sutor.Org site so you can see the design for the site. There's a title on the page Forum. Click it to go into the forum.  You'll also see a title Guest Book on the site page. This is a project in progress and is not yet open for public view. When it is I'll post it here also.

Meanwhile I'd appreciate any feedback on what I've done with the forum.  One thing I am thinking of doing is to remove the register and login in buttons from the forum menu bar.  Since these show in the greeting they seem to be a source of confusion for a user - as in which one of thse do I use?

On the site page there is a link to send me e-mail. So you can contact me through the web site, through this forum, or in both places.

Thanks to anyone who takes a look.

Richard

IP Logged

OldYaBBUser
God Member

Only the Best Posters
Survive!

Re: Sutor.Org Forum blended into an existing site
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2005 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Maybe the forum can be the same colors as your banner. Also you may wish to fix the right scroll for those using 800 x 600.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint