Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) [DONE] Unique User ID Log In SP1.3.x (Read 4755 times)
Dam Yankee
God Member

Re: Unique User ID Log In SP1.3.x
Reply #15 - Aug 11th, 2004 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
I've got my online log set for 5 minutes. Do you think it would help if I told these two members to just check the box to keep themselves signed in?

I don't use AOL, but my IP# changes frequently during a session, and I haven't had this problem at all.

I guess what I don't understand is this - if they are already logged in, then close their browser and open it again, how would they be able to log in again if they didn't log out? If they are technically still logged in, they shouldn't be able to see the login button.

I wonder if they are hitting the browser's refresh button after logging in. It seems to me that that could also cause the problem. I'll see what other info I can get from them.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Reply #16 - Aug 11th, 2004 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
AOL seems to be throwing up every chance it gets Grin

Actually if they are still logged in and have the same IP address they should not get the bounce from this mod.
If they technically log out (using log out) they should be removed from the useronline log, but I can almost certainly say that AOL uses various proxy servers to share the network load which means that their IP address can change every click as it is possible that the pages come through different proxies.

The "problem" (which I found out while writing the Guardian) with YaBB is the priority in determining which IP address to use as there are three possible variables it queries.
I did not check the base code for IP determination in YaBB too well, but if proxy IP preceeds user IP swapping IP adresses per page could well be happening.

Based on what I learned with the Guardian I will see if I can make the IP code for YaBB AOL and other proxy users proof.

Nothing to add here Smiley

IP Logged

Dam Yankee
God Member

Reply #17 - Aug 11th, 2004 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Well, I learned today that the simple solution was to tell my members not to use AOL's browser. Another one of my members, that also uses AOL, said that she uses IE and has not had a single problem.

<sarcasm>Yet another reason to love AOL.  Roll Eyes </sarcasm>

Thanks Ron!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint