Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Recent Users List 1.2.4 SP1.2 (Read 9180 times)
Ronnie

And on that bombshell

Re: Recent Users List 1.0 SP1.2
Reply #15 - Mar 25th, 2003 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
That's an interesting idea for another way to do it. I know what you mean about the resized images sometimes not appearing - see towards the end of this thread, it's a known problem.

I'll take some time to look more closely at your code and test it out. If it works it would solve the one remaining porblem with this mod quite nicely. Smiley

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Ronnie

And on that bombshell

Reply #16 - Mar 26th, 2003 at 12:59am
Print Post  
Well, I played around with it for the last 3 hours, was convinced it was the blindingly obvious solution to the resizing problem, then remembered the blindingly obvious benefit of using the javascript code.

The code you suggested is good except for one thing - it resizes up images smaller than the values you set. Say you set the width to be 50, with your code, this means that all images will be width 50, even if their normal width is only 20. By contrast the javascript version does not resize up images smaller than the maximum, it only resizes images bigger than the max.

It's a shame about this because I'd begun to add it to the mod... but it looks really naff when you start making small images bigger than they should be.

Ah welll.... Sad

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

The Gong

Reply #17 - Mar 26th, 2003 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
WinkThanks.

Yes, i have lost no thought about this for any reason.
You are quite right.
This is in fact a problem for smaller images.

If there would be a possibility to determine the size of an image before this code is executed, it would be possible to compare the values and set the original in that case.
I have to think about it... Sad

However, thank you for your answer  Wink Cheesy

-Gong-

IP Logged

underpsi

http://www.Utah Stangs.com

Reply #18 - Mar 26th, 2003 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
this mod works great, i live it.

IP Logged

Ronnie

And on that bombshell

Reply #19 - Mar 26th, 2003 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
That's what the javascript function does, which is why it's so nice. The only problem with it is the "1x1 pixel" problem which I have no idea what to do about.

underpsi, thanks. Smiley

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

The Gong

Reply #20 - Mar 28th, 2003 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
However, the mod works fine so far and you did a good job.

Thanx for this YABB modification Cheesy

-Gong-

IP Logged

Ronnie

And on that bombshell

Reply #21 - Mar 28th, 2003 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Thanks. If everyone's happy with the mod as it stands, I'll get it added to the database.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #22 - Mar 30th, 2003 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
All right, if you haven't sent this to the database yet, I have a couple of suggestions to make. If you have ... well, I still have a couple of suggestions to make.

First off, for information, on the very slight chance it would affect the things I mentioned ... I installed this on 1.1, not 1.2.

I ran into install problems on steps 10 & 12, both in the AdminEdit section. Both steps were search and replace, and I made each of them to work just fine by replacing that search and replace step with a search and add after step. You might want to give serious thought to doing the same, or the mod will probably be incompatable with a whole bunch of other mods which also add to the admin center settings panels. I'll be glad to send you a copy of my modded mod file, if you would like to see just what I did. (It worked perfectly, but I did get one too many horizontal rules in the display, a purely visual issue which only me as the admin can see, anyway.)

Secondly, what is involved in adjusting the panels on the thing. I have the New Calendar and Chat mods on my board, and it makes for a slightly less nice look to things to have the background showing through because of these mods. I realise it may not be poossible to build a solution to this problem -in- the mod, but can anybody provide info on what and where I would need to change to manually fix it?

To see what I mean, visit my forum and look at the info section at http://gordonkorman.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Improving my forum, one mod at a time!

Now up and running again, with an accurate link.

IP Logged

Ronnie

And on that bombshell

Reply #23 - Mar 30th, 2003 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I'll look at changing the steps you mentioned to make the board SP1.2 compatible.

As for the other problem you mentioned, that is easy to solve. I presume you are not using the latest version of the mod (1.1) as that added compatibility with the Calendar mod to make the rowspan setting right. First of all uninstall the version you have and reinstall the latest version - this will increase the rowspan setting if you're using the calendar.

I can't give a similar code fix for the chat mod as I'm not sure whether you're using YaBB Chat or YaBB Chat! for YaBB Gold SP1 1.97 (those were the two chat mods I found in the database).

However the premise is the same as for the Calendar. You want to increase both of the rowspan settings by 2. Change the line:

Code
Select All
$rul_rowspan = ($username eq 'Guest') ? 6 : 4; 

to

Code
Select All
$rul_rowspan = ($username eq 'Guest') ? 8 : 6; 

The rowspan of the recent users list cell will then stretech properly all the way down to the bottom.

If you let me know which chat mod you're using, I'll add compatibility to the next version. Smiley

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #24 - Mar 30th, 2003 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Ronnie, thanks for the quick reply. I love this mod, and in about an hour, I have already gotten my first member sending me messages about how much they like it.  Grin

First off, the comments I mentioned weren't about needing to make the mod 1.2 compatible, as I am not using 1.2. I don't know if they are needed to be 1.1 compatible ... I -think- they are more needed to be other mod compatible. But no big deal in any case. I'm still halfway new at this, couldn't make a mod of my own to save my life, so if I can figure out how to recode and make it work on my board, probably 75% of the other members here who might run into the same problem could do the same thing. If you've been around here much, you already know how many mods get questions asked about them working with other mods!

I downloaded the file mentioned in the first message in this thread, and downloaded it today to add the thing to my board.

The problem may have come up from the fact that there are two calendar mods out there, Calendar and NewCalendar ... maybe you set it up to work automatically with Calendar, but not NewCalendar.

On the chat versions, I'd guess that the chat ones you mention are both different versions of the same chat mod, as opposed to the chat mod I have (1.98, I think is the current version) and a different chat such as the aim chat mod or the ICQ chat mod. Actualy, there are so many different chat mods that, unless only Ironwing's chat mod adds a section to the Info Center, it might be -far- simpler just to provide the information to users about how to adjust it manually, like you are in the middle of doing with me.

Quote:
Code:$rul_rowspan = ($username eq 'Guest') ? 6 : 4;  

to

Code:$rul_rowspan = ($username eq 'Guest') ? 8 : 6;  

This is fine, I can do this. My only question is, in which file, and how do I find the right sections. Forgive me, but remember, I am still learning!!  Wink

IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #25 - Mar 30th, 2003 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
And it has been mentioned before, but has anybody found a way to make the image part of this work with custom avatars added via the user's profile?

IP Logged

Ronnie

And on that bombshell

Reply #26 - Mar 30th, 2003 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
I no particular order...

- I got what you meant the first time round, I just didn't say it right. What I should have said was, I'll try to make the mod more generally compatible.

- To be honest I just used The Gong's code for calendar compatibility so I'm not sure whether it's for the Calendar or New Calendar mod! (Lazy of me I know but...) Perhaps he can answer.

If the built-in Calendar check isn't working, you'll have to increase the rowspan setting again manually by another 2, for a total of 4 extra, so the new line will be:

Code
Select All
$rul_rowspan = ($username eq 'Guest') ? 10 : 8; 

- I'll have a look at those two chat mods tonight and see if they have settings which I could use to see whether they're showing anything on the board index. If it's possible I'll add compatibility to the next version.

- OK, open BoardIndex.pl and do a search for the first string. Then replace it with the second string. Simple as that. After you've done this though the mod won't uninstall with BoardMod, so you might like to uninstall the mod first, search and replace that line in the .mod file, then reinstall it.

- The problem with custom avatars has been fixed for some time, they work in this version. They're working on your board cause I looked at the URL for the avatar of the user "neptune" and it was from "http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/EDM102022223_lower.jpg".

I think that answers everything! Grin

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #27 - Mar 30th, 2003 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
On all the rest of it, great, thanks!

On the custom icons, yup ... working fine, just didn't at first. I suspect its that problem that has been mentioned a few times, regarding complex pages and the browser giving up, first time through.

Again, thank you!

IP Logged

Ronnie

And on that bombshell

Reply #28 - Mar 30th, 2003 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Just struck me, another option would be instead of making the recent users cell taller to fill in the ugly gap, you could make the cells beginning with the "Chatroom Users Online" cell wider by increasing their colspan by 1, to fill the gap that way.

If you're only using 5 recent members then it would probably look better to cut the cell off short rather than have a huge, tall empty cell there.

Just a thought. Smiley

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #29 - Mar 30th, 2003 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
All right, I made the change you indicated in the mod file, but it made no difference, whatsoever in the display.

Just to make sure I'm clear about what I want to find out how to do, I want the recent users list to continue down beside the chat center and the calendar, where right now there is just that thick, heavy patch of blue.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint